PSRFA continues its dedication and commitment to foster care through a scholarship fund for continued education. The scholarship program is open to high school seniors who are presently in care though a private or public foster care agency in Pennsylvania or whose parents are “active” members of PSRFA. Seniors in high school are awarded scholarships toward attending a college or trade school or other vocational training of their choice in PA.
Also check out:
ORPHAN FOUNDATION OF AMERICA SCHOLARSHIP
The Orphan Foundation of America (OFA) Scholarship fund offers awards from $500 to $5000 for academic or vocational training beyond high school to youth formerly and currently in foster care throughout the United States who are under the age of 25. OFA received no government funds. They have given out $1.3 million in scholarships, in 46 states since 1991. Scholarship monies are obtained through private individual contributions, donations from corporations, and fundraisers and from a partnership with The Casey Family Program.
A. Who is Eligible?
- Anyone in foster care for at least one year at the time of their 18th birthday or high school graduation;
- Any unmarried individuals under the age of 25;
- Anyone with a GPA of at least 2.0 for the preceding year;
- Anyone enrolled, or planning on enrolling in a college or technical institution;
- Anyone who has not been adopted
B. How Can I Get the Information on the Orphan Foundation of America Scholarships?
Or contact the OFA Scholarship Program:
OFA Scholarship Program Tall Oaks Village Center
12020 -D North Shore Dr.